The truth is, the average family in Florida will move every 10-12 years. We move for many reasons, lifestyle change being primary. Whether our family is growing and, as such, outgrowing our home, shrinking, with kids moving away to college or getting married, or we are simply upgrading – we have more than enough cause to move a few times in our lifetime.
Recently, I sat down with our favorite Relocation Specialist, Mary Ann Colton of Armstrong Relocation, to get her top insider tips for making the moving process easier. Here are her top 12:
- Donate or sell items you don’t plan to move
- Remember to send change of address notifications
- Packing yourself can save some $$
- If you have children, include them in the planning
- Discard items that will be dangerous to move, like flammables or fireworks
- Pick up items you may have at cleaners, repair shop, etc., ahead of time…
- Schedule your move as far out as possible to ensure capacity
- Plan to take irreplaceable items with you personally
- Empty your refrigerator and make sure it is defrosted and dry by moving day
- Separate any items you do not want movers to pack/move
- Tour your home with the driver to make sure all items are loaded
- Use up existing food and supplies you have and try not to buy more till after the move
Our personal favorite tip for stress-free moving is HIRE A GOOD MOVING COMPANY – probably the most important thing you can do to enable you to have a streamlined move and start the process of getting settled into your new space. Get a referral from a friend or neighbor, try a reputable referral website like Angie’s List (but always check with the Better Business Bureau first) or do some solid research online. An experienced moving company will definitely make moving day a lot easier.
For more information on moving tips or if you would like to contact our Mover of Choice, Mary Ann Colton, to discuss or schedule a move, you can find her at Armstrong Relocation and Companies. They are conveniently located in Pompano Beach, FL, making them the ideal mover for your Parkland, FL move. They also offer commercial, national and global relocation services, so wherever you may be going, Mary Ann and her team at Armstrong Relocation are the best movers for you!!! Call her at (954) 956-0059 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.