Thinking of selling your home and want to do some upgrades to maximize your resale value? If so, you’re in exactly the right place. We have some great, realistic tips that will help you make the most of your upgrade time and dollars and offer the best pay off.
- The main things to keep in mind are: neutral, clean and classic. Every prospective buyer is going to have their own taste. Using a neutral palette will allow them to see the home as move-in-ready, yet simple to personalize as desired.
- Consider several small projects throughout the house like updating fixtures, fittings and finishes. Buyers look at the overall package as opposed to one standout feature.
- Update light fixtures in the kitchen, baths and hallways. Replacing dated fixtures instantly updates your home.
- Always remember that the key locations for upgrades are the kitchen and baths. Buyers typically feel that these are the most important home features they look for and consider to be more costly or time consuming than they want to undertake themselves.
- Clean your home to sparkling condition! Cleaning the floors and grout between the tiles, the windows and home exterior are key to your home showing well in comparison to others. Make sure to clean any rust stains from the exterior and on the inside, clean all vents & doors as well as cleaning and resealing grout in the bathrooms and kitchen.